Following the Parish Council meeting on Tues January 7th, the approved Minutes from December 2019 can be found:-
Flooding – Operational Flood Working Group News – November 2019
We are now in the winter and many of us are aware of the number of flood warnings being issued by the Environment Agency with rivers and groundwater rising, wellington boots have been dusted off to cope with the large puddles. Standing water is becoming a lot more frequent.
Town and Parish councils need to be more vigilant than ever, and we are asking that you check your flood plans are up to date, any equipment you have is working, particularly pumps and generators as they may need checking or to be refuelled, and that they can be accessed easily should there be a flood. Check that all of your contact details up to date and any vulnerable residents are aware of the help available within the community.
Make sure you are signed up to the Environment Agency’s free flood warning system.
Those towns and parishes on the chalk should sign up for groundwater flood warnings. If your community is concerned about surface water flooding, you should also sign up for the Met Office’s severe weather warning alerts. https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings
Surface water flooding can happen very quickly, so make sure you report instances of standing water on high speed roads (60mph) or gullies that if blocked would cause internal property flooding by using the Wiltshire App. https://iweb.itouchvision.com/portal/f?p=customer:login:::NO::UID:BAADHFRUC3CF4783T31NEBE0400707AF01007D25
Those of you with flood plans will know your critical gullies. Check ditches and watercourses for blockages, especially with leaves as they can cover over gullies and cause flooding
Many of you who live on the chalk are aware of the seasonal rise in groundwater and the Environment Agency are currently keeping a close watch on the levels. Warnings will be issued should it become necessary. Flood wardens have also been asked to update Wiltshire Council if ground water appears, or if sewers become slow to drain, as this will help us to assess any need within the communities
To sign up for flood and groundwater warnings
Floodline Telephone: 0345 988 1188 24-hour service
Sign up for the Wiltshire App
Telephone: 0300 456 0100
PARISH COUNCILLOR NOTICE VACANCY
PARISH OF CRUDWELL – NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN
that due to the Resignation of Jonathan Capper, a vacancy has arisen in the office of Councillor for the Parish Council.
If by 31 December, 2019 (14 days after the date of this notice) a request for an election to fill said vacancy is made in writing to the Returning Officer at the address below by TEN electors from the Parish of Crudwell, an election will be held to fill the said vacancy, otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.
If an election is called, it will take place not later than 5 March, 2020.
Dated 6 December, 2019
Dr Carlton Brand
Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council
Posted by: Ms Lisa Dent, Clerk/RFO, 76 Dyer St, Cirencester, Gloucs, GL7 2PF
In computing any period of time for this purpose, a Saturday, Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday, Easter Monday, bank or public holidays or any day appointed for public thanksgiving or mourning must be disregarded.
Vacancy at Crudwell Parish Council – Parish Clerk
Applications close Monday 23rd Dec 2019
Crudwell Parish Council is looking to recruit a new Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer ASAP. The new clerk will be required to work primarily from home and the Parish Council will provide a laptop and printer/scanner. The Council meets on the first Tuesday of each month. The role is for approximately 30 hours a month plus agreed expenses and attracts a salary on NJC pay scales for part-time clerks.
The Council is looking for someone with good computer, admin and communication skills, (training can be given), and the ability to deal with simple financial matters.
Please contact the Parish Clerk Lisa Dent at
email@example.com or phone 01285 658172
for full details of the position and/or an informal conversation.
Closing date Monday 23rd Dec 2019
The ideal candidate with be a self-starter and problem-solver who can manage their day to day workload without supervision as a homeworker, although you are fully supported by Councillors. Also required is the ability to use Microsoft Office and manage Word, Outlook and Excel with ease. A working background using accounts/book-keeping is desirable .
Election Notice (link to the document, info as below)
UK Parliamentary Election for NORTH WILTSHIRE CONSTITUENCY 1. An Election is to be held for a Member of Parliament to serve North Wiltshire Constituency. 2. Nomination papers can be obtained from: • the Electoral Commission website at: http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-ama/candidate-or-agent/uk-parliamentary-general-election-great-britain • Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN • Main Reception, The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ • Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham SN15 1ER • By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112
3. Nomination papers must be hand delivered to the Acting Returning Officer or his appointed electoral staff (not reception staff) on any working day after the date of this notice, between the hours of 10am and 4pm from Tuesday 12 November 2019 until Thursday 14 November 2019 but no later than 4pm on Thursday 14 November 2019 4. Nomination papers can only be hand delivered to the following two locations: • Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN. Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival • Main Reception, The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ. Please ask for a member of the Electoral Services Team on arrival
5. The £500 deposit may be paid by legal tender or by means of a banker’s draft from a drawer which carries on business as a banker in the United Kingdom or by debit or credit card or the electronic transfer of funds. American Express cannot be accepted. The bank details of the council are Wiltshire Council, with the sort code 40-44-33, and account number 51460021. Please quote 900001 and candidates surname and initial as a reference. 6. If the election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 12 December 2019. 7. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
8. Applications for postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019. 9. Amendments or cancellations of postal or proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5 pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019. 10. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. 11. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on the grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN by 5pm on Thursday 12 December 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5pm on Wednesday 4th December 2019.
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234) set out what we as a Parish Council must do at the conclusion of the review.
We are required to:
- Prepare a “Notice of conclusion of audit” which details the rights of inspection, in line with the statutory requirements.
– Publish the “Notice” along with the certified AGAR (Sections 1, 2 & 3) , including on our website.
– Keep copies of the AGAR available for purchase by any person on payment of a reasonable sum (£1.00).
– Ensure that Sections 1, 2 and 3 of the published AGAR remain available for public access for a period of not less than 5 years from the date of publication.
Please contact the Clerk for any information you require.
Clerk/RFO – Crudwell Parish Council
CONCLUSION AUDIT 2019 NOTICE